מי אנחנו – About Us
Congregation Shaarei Kodesh is a multi-generational, fully egalitarian, synagogue affiliated with The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.
Founded in May 2004 by a group of energetic families who were looking to create a more intimate synagogue experience, Shaarei Kodesh began meeting in peoples’ homes. After several months and growing attendance, it became apparent that a larger space was needed, so we moved our services to the campus of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County. In 2008, Congregation Shaarei Kodesh took our next big step and merged with Congregation Beth Tikvah. We are now housed at 19785 Hampton Drive in West Boca Raton. In July of 2009, Shaarei Kodesh welcomed our full time Rabbi, Rabbi David Baum. Together with his wife, Alissa and sons, Avi and Harrison, we are fortunate to have them as part of the Shaarei Kodesh family.
Congregation Shaarei Kodesh members work together to:
- Create positive, meaningful, participatory experiences of prayer, celebration and learning.
- Cultivate attitudes of reverence, humility and gratitude towards both God and God’s creations.
- Build a kehillah kedoshah – a holy community, where members help and support each other and join together in times of joy and times of need.
- Promote a strong commitment to both Israel and the Hebrew language.
- Participate in repairing the world, tikkun olam, through social action programs.
Shaarei Kodesh is fully egalitarian and we enjoy having all generations participate in our prayer services. We pride ourselves on our hands on approach to prayer (tefillah) by having our congregants read Torah, give divrei torah from time to time, and share their thoughts on their favorite prayers. If you would like to be read Torah, lead services, or add to our tefillah in any way, please contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The congregation has a vibrant Sunday School and Religious School for grades K-7. Bar and Bat Mitzvah training and family education program are conducted by our Rabbi and Cantor. We encourage our students to continue their studies past B’nai Mitzvah.